All in One IT- is what companies need to SUPERCHARGE employee experience in today's hybrid environment
Can you elaborate on the concept of "All-in-One-IT" and how it can help companies supercharge employee experience in today's hybrid/remote environment?
Today, businessesare treating employee servicing and collaboration as a strategic priority, and the winning way to do it is through IT consolidation or ‘all-in-one IT’.‘All-in-one IT’ has the potential to fundamentally democratise how employees engage with service desks and how IT responds to problems. A unified IT platform brings together reactive and proactive support features all under a single pane of glass - like conversational ticketing approach to problem requests and resolutions, remote access, remote monitoring and management, multi-device support, and enterprise-grade zero trust security. This helps IT teams empower their employees to continue with their everyday processes smoothly and function more efficiently.
GoTo’s IT Priorities 2023 survey reported that a hybrid work model remainsthe gold standard for companies today. A dispersed workforce needs digital tools that can help them connect better internally as well as with external parties. For example, a seamless collaboration and video conferencing tool allows employees to bring ideas to life, brainstorm and share concepts, regardless of their location or time zones. But any hurdles encounteredduring this seamless experience leads to extension in timelines for decision making or time to market.That’s where all-in-one IT comes to the rescue. A consolidated IT tool will allow IT support to seamlessly manage their systems, communicate with employees to get the right information and fix issues quicker, often before the employee even knows there’s a problem, which not only supercharges employee experience but also increases productivity.
A consolidated IT tool will allow IT support to seamlessly manage their systems, communicate with employees to get the right information and fix issues quicker, often before the employee even knows there’s a problem, which not only supercharges employee experience but also increases productivity.
What are some of the biggest challenges that companies face in managing employee experience in a hybrid environment?
As economic uncertainty, reprioritisedbudgets, and overburdened resources continue to be the norm,business leaders are faced with determining the right set of goals and objectives to maximise their investment, grow the business, and streamline everyday processes. While big companies may have more resources and bigger budgets, SMEs on the other hand need to be more considerate about their technology investments. They must find the right balance between keeping productivity levels high anddelivering a good employee experience. All at the right price point.
Today where most of the company’s workforce hinges on a remote/hybrid work model, the most significant challenge SME leaders face is efficient management of the dispersed workforce. Some underlying concerns in addressing this are:
1. Finding a cost-effectivetechnology that supports employee needs: A popular notion among SMEs is if you want to go digital, you invest big or go home. More and more enterprises are coming to realise that their technology needs to be more nuanced and customised.
2. Increasing burden on IT teams: Our GoTo IT Priorities 2023 survey reported that 45% of SMEs in India use IT Help Desk System every day and around 22% agree that IT Help Desks have the highest impact on employee productivity. With an all-in-one solution, IT teams have less technology to manage to streamline their workload and allow them to focus on the higher priority tasks.
3. Data security concerns: Shifting to remote/hybrid work is accompanied by a transition to digital technologies like the cloud. Businesses need to partner with vendors that prioritize security with technology such as zero trust to ensure that users and endpoints are secure agnostic of device type or location.
Organisations stand to benefit byadoptingall-in-one IT management solutions that are purpose-built to address today’s support challenges, thatare flexible and takes into account everything from cost to business goals of SMEs. Using such tools, SMEs will be better prepared to evolve their technology infrastructure and keep up with the increasing pace of innovation.
"By harnessing the digital power of all-in-one tools, IT teams can create a better, more collaborative, more supportive environment for to ensure business continuity and an ideal employee experience."
How can IT teams play a more active role in improving employee experience?
A company’s IT department is the heart of its support operations - the frontline for engaging with and solving operational issues of employees. Today’s businesses are looking to do more with less while also ensuring that their organisation remains agile. IT leaders and teams play an active role in this, and they must consider what technology they are investing in and how those investments can drive productivity, efficiency, and growth within the business.
90% of SMEs in India consider consolidation of communication, collaboration, and IT management and support tools as an important initiative this year. Out of which, nearly half (48%) business leaders surveyed in our IT Priorities 2023 Report said it was very important to consider reducing the burden on IT teams when choosing new software. The top reasons behind consolidation of IT tools include increasing productivity, making IT management efficient and easy and then for cost savings.
Every minute the employees spend waiting for IT support is a minute they are unable to spend doing their normal tasks or helping customers that result in a loss of productivity and potentially revenue. The technology thatIT teams use to solve day-to-day technical challenges of employees plays a vital role in engaging the workforce. By harnessing the digital power of all-in-one tools, IT teams can create a better, more collaborative, more supportive environment for to ensure business continuity and an ideal employee experience.
What are the key tenets of remote IT support management for employee experience?
In a competitive job market, the employee experience is everything. The five most important factors to consider when evaluating IT solution that is the right fit for an SMB:
1. Core functionality: Look for a solution that unifies the tools your team needs most frequently to manage, triage and support – and ultimately deliver a seamless employee support experience. One that provides remote support, remote monitoring, and management (RMM), unattended access, mobility, and camera sharing.
2. Productivity: Consider how easily your IT agents can use the tools and how seamlessly employees can get help with features like conversational ticketing, multi-platform problem solving, IT automation, and ahelpdesk console.
3. Security: Ensure the tool helps protect your users and business by closing vulnerabilities and locking out malicious actors using security measures like zero trust access controls, encryption, single sign-on and active directory, multi-factor authentication, audits, and reports.
4. Dependability: When your business relies on technology, you need to be able to rely on your IT tools. An optimal solution must have a reliable uptime and flexible licensing and that it can be trusted to perform and scale with your business so you can keep your users up and running and easily handle changes in growth.
5. Deployment model: Choose a trusted solution provider who is offering real cloud-based technology for ease of deployment and use. If it’s not a truly cloud-based offering, you are sure to deal with slow software, additional hardware maintenance and many other headaches. Tools like camera sharing and remote view should be usable instantly, download-free.
How do you see the future of workplaces and employee experience evolving in the context of remote support and what role would new-age technologies like AI play in helping enterprises stay ahead of the curve?
2023 is a year of doing more with less. Today, new-age technologies like AI, and ChatGPTare enabling companies to not only deliver customer excellence but also help IT support teams create better employee experiences.With an increase in tasks and ensuing challenges in the current working model, 89% of the Indian IT decision-makers believe that their IT workload was significantly higher in 2022 as compared to 2021. Nearly half (48%) of the business leaders said it was very important to consider reducing the burden on IT when choosing new software.
Technology like ChatGPT can alleviate some burdens by helping IT teams organise. ChatGPTwill soon make its way in IT support and management use casesby taking on tasks such as writing emails addressing employee queries, providing voice assistive technology or even instant answers to questions and technical concerns of employees. Moreover, by building automation workflows for routine tasks and providing instant access to information, ChatGPT can help IT teams to be more productive and efficient.As the technology advances, it will continue to provide value to burdened IT teams over the next year and beyond.